Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Different Glasses

So strange...I walked downstairs this morning thinking, " I LOVE my house! I love the bright light that pours in! I love how uncluttered (undecorated some would say) it is! I love how all of the windows in the back of our home face our beautiful, private canyon!"

In the past, I have walked downstairs thinking, "This carpet is gross. That fogged window needs replacing. When are we going to have the strings on our blinds fixed so they work? When can we redo our 26 year old kitchen?"

Same house...Different perspective.

I like this freedom I'm experiencing in seeing my house as it is...loving it as it is...not always thinking about what I'd like to change! Yes, today I am really thankful for the idea of a "shop-free" year (or month)!

2 comments:

  1. i love our home too :) even more so after living in nyc, if you know what i mean ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE your house! Keep it simple and lovely please...that's a request...sort of an expectation?

    ReplyDelete