Monday, February 20, 2012

Funny Thing

When we women get together, I have noticed this "thing" that happens...

Standing around in a circle, one woman will comment to another woman, "Oh, I love your necklace! Where did you get it?"

Or, "That is the cutest sweater! Anthro?!"

Or, "LOVE the shoes!!! When did you get those?"

Note to me: For the next year, I will NOT be the woman who is singled out to receive the compliment, as I will be wearing nothing new.

Reality check: I have hardly EVER been the one singled out, new or not. But...now I'll have no (secret, embarrassing to admit, "pick me, pick me") expectations. :-)

FREEDOM!!!

(Funny thing with you, my dear one...No matter what you are wearing...new, old, fancy, casual...you get singled out! May have something to do with your stunning "I love Jesus and He lives inside of me" beauty, inside and out! Who knows?)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Mama!!! I love this blog! You got some good sh*t to say!! Whootwoot!!! ;) You just made my day with your oh so sweet complement!!! Thank you a million plus one! To be honest, I don't remember visual compliments, rather, it's the Jesus ones that touch my heart! Yay! Praise Him!!!!

    P.S. Mom, you ALWAYS look absolutely adorable!!!! What are you talking about??!!! I love you :)

    P.P.S. I probably shouldn't put sh*t and Jesus in the same paragraph....but then again, "noooo one reads this," right?!?! ;) haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa, you look great in anything you wear or don't wear :-) and so proud of you and your experiment

    ReplyDelete