Saturday, February 11, 2012

Final Straw

As I mentioned earlier, this idea popped into my head in December.

I tried to ignore it.

No shopping for a year?

No way.

That's silly.

Not realistic.

Then, a moment of inspiration!!! I was reading an article in People (SO not proud) about the Bachelor (so VERY not proud...actually quite embarrassed...really not knowing why I'm admitting to this...could have brushed right over this without anyone ever knowing...sigh...). The following article was about a family of four, in Mill Valley, CA. A photo of them with a year's worth of their trash not even filling up a plastic (plastic? maybe it was glass) jar. A YEAR'S WORTH OF TRASH!

As I take our trash out to the curb every Tuesday evening, my conscience is just a bit agitated at the full bin of trash our family produces. So much talk of our world's overpopulation. What if that really isn't the problem. What if our wastefulness, our consumerism is the issue??

Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment