Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Big Challenge

Last week was Carol's birthday. I have always assumed that "gifts" are one of her love languages. She shops throughout the year for the "just right" Christmas gift for her family and friends. I mention something I like, and, next birthday it's mine! So, I wrestled with what to do, this "shop-free" year for my dear friend's birthday present.

What I came up with was a brown gift bag, filled with some of Carol's favorite foods...Dark chocolate covered pretzels, kettle corn, a chocolate bar. Using a beautiful photo of sunflowers that your dad had taken, I made "Thinking of You" note cards and packaged them with envelopes. I found two of Carol's favorite shells, soaked them in bleach, then wrapped them in a cellophane bag. Tied a big bow, signed a card and...a "shop-free" birthday gift for my precious friend/sister! And, I think she liked it!

BTW...One month down! Eleven more (maybe) to go! I'm liking this! A lot! (Another note to self: It's only January.)

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait until my 'shop-free' birthday present from you!!! all my favorite things!! oh, and i now officially love our kind of new 'shopping' (where we happen to fill a little bag with shells while we walk and talk and solve all the world's problems :).

    ReplyDelete