Sunday, January 22, 2012

Feeling Free...today

There's something about knowing that I may be "shopping-free" for a year. That thing is a GOOD thing! Usually.

Many of the days this past month (Note to me: It's only January), I go into my closet and think, "Well, what can I put together today?", instead of, "I really need to update my wardrobe. Time to get rid of lots of these clothes." I liked that!

Preparing for our dinner party last night, I was thinking, "I like the look of mismatched glasses!", instead of, "Need to run out to get enough matching glasses." I liked that!

(Note to me again: It's only January.)

2 comments:

  1. it's called 'innovation' and getting those creative juices flowing and looking on the bright side and loving what you have :)
    love it! and, your cute new outfits!! ma, you got style!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found you from your sister's blog, which I found from someone else's blog :) I am seriously seriously loving your idea of not buying anything, it's so mundane little purchases that can eat up lots of $. I declared 2012 the year of Serious Saving (you can read about it on my blog, top bar has the links) and I cut spending sig-nif-i-cant-ly - I thought we were going to watch our savings account go up up up ... instead the car had a massive problem to the tune of $1k. But guess what - we were able to pay cash for the repairs. But I think I'd like to jump on *your* no-spend bandwagon, at least for the next month and see what happens - it just sounds like fun to me. Oh and by the way, Martha Stewart says to always mix up the plates/silver/etc. on your table. Why? Because "it's a good thing." :) Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete